Friday, August 24, 2012

M31 without the focus reducer

Tried shooting M31 again, this time without a focal reducer and with ISO 6400. The result is ... ahem ... suboptimal:



Next I tried to take pictures with a light pollution filter, but that takes out A LOT of light. Even with ISO 6400 I could barely see anything. So, I tried again with ISO 1600 and without the filter. Unfortunately, all this messing around meant that I couldn't use my flats that I took earlier. And because the sky was cloudy the next morning (and I wanted to setup the new guidscope and the starshoot camera) I couldn't use any ...

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mark,
    Found your blog while searching for Andromeda/M31 (really like social improved search on G). Anyway, your recent blog posts all show up to have no title in the RSS feed, maybe because you got up too early to find a good title :) Buuut - the less NULL title, the more likely to be read...
    H

    ReplyDelete